Facets, located on the left hand side of the screen, allow you to drill down from broad topics and eliminate items that are not wanted. Here is a list of the facets available in the catalog:
- Availability – shows whether an item is currently checked in. This allows you to only see items that are on shelf at that given moment.
- Found In – This facet allows you to see where the search term was found,such as title or subject headings. For instance, a search for J.K. Rowling might mean someone is looking for a biography or for Harry Potter.
- Format – Never have to scroll through pages and pages again. Choose the format you want and click it. Now you will only see the search results for that format!
- Language – Looking for a foreign language book? Pick the language you are looking for to easily find bilingual titles
- Tag – Pulled from the subject field, this shows popular tags. You can also add tags.
- Publish Date – Looking for an item from a specific year? Use this facet to limit by publication date
- Setting – The setting or location of the book, for example, United States or England.