Remember your right to vote this November and during every election.
For information about Illinois voter registration, visit the Illinois State Board of Elections’ website. Registration ends 27 days prior to an election. So the last registration day for the 6 November 2012 election is 9 October 2012.
A number of nonpartisan organizations provide information about candidates and issues. While the presidential election is the main focus of the November election, these sites also cover many state issues and candidates.
- Project Vote Smart, has a new product – VoteEasy – which allows you to compare your views with the candidate to see who closely matches your beliefs.
- The Annenberg Public Policy Center sponsors FactCheck.org, monitoring ads, speeches and articles for factual accuracy.
- League of Women Voters provides information on issues. Check out their Smart Voter to help you see local issues.
- Center for Responsive Politics tracks federal campaign contributions, lobbying data among other information.
Check out the Election sections from various newspapers for additional information. However, newspapers aren’t considered nonpartisan sources of information.
- NewsTribune’s Election 2012 section
- USAToday Election 2012
- Chicago Tribune Election 2012
- Chicago Sun Times Election 2012