Barely two years old, eRead Illinois has over 18,000 eBooks in its collection ready for downloading to your tablet, Kindle, Nook, phone or computer. Begun with an LSTA grant from the State Librarian’s office, eRead Illinois has over 200 member libraries across the state. During January the eRead Illinois added 700 eAudio books to the collection. We’d love to hear your suggestions for adding titles to eRead Illinois.
The first set of appointments booked so quickly, our AARP volunteers agreed to add additional appointments to our schedule. Beginning March 16th, additional tax appointments have been added on Mondays and Thursdays. Call 815-223-0229 or stop by to schedule your appointment. Appointments are in the lower level meeting room of the library.
Bring the following to your appointment:
1. Picture ID and Social Security Card
2. All W-2s and 1099R forms. If on Social Security a 2014 statement of earnings and any other forms of earnings
3. Copy of last year taxes
4. Proof of health insurance if under the age of 65
5. If married and filing jointly BOTH must be there or have a power of attorney form signed. A completed IL-2848 Power of Attorney form will meet the requirement. Here is a link to to IL-2848 (it is also available on the Illinois Tax form website): http://tax.illinois.gov/TaxForms/Other/PowerofAttorney/IL-2848.pdf
6. Have intake form completed prior to your appointment (pick up in advance or come 15 minutes early)
Join us the evening of February 19th for storyteller Mick Henneberry. Mick will help you laugh winter away with stories from his life. The program begins at 6:30 in the library’s main reading area.
The Peru Public Library is closed Monday, February 2nd, due to weather conditions. Our regular hours resume on Tuesday the 3rd at 9 a.m.